Cleaning Tips to Keep Your Hardwood Flooring Looking Good
Hardwood flooring has become very popular for homeowners due to its quality look and its timeless charm. It gives you more than laminate flooring, carpet and vinyl put together and although the initial outlay is greater, it can add to the value of the home and last as long as the house it is in.
It also ages beautifully with time. So if you have had hardwood flooring installed in your home or office, what is the best way to look after and clean it? Here we give you our top tips for maintaining your hardwood flooring and keeping it in tip-top
1) Regularly brush your hardwood floor with a soft bristle brush to keep it free of debris.
2) Vacuum clean with a soft brush attachment to avoid scratching the floor. This will keep any gaps free of dust and dirt.
3) Never wear high heeled shoes or hard-soled shoes on hardwood flooring because this will cause scratching.
4) High traffic areas such as entrances to rooms and turning areas should have a protector in place such as a rug with nonslip backing. This way you will reduce uneven wear on your flooring.
5) Always remove water spills straight away as water is very bad news with regards to wooden flooring.
6) Place soft furniture pads under the legs of sofas and chairs to prevent scratches and dents.
7) Use only recommended manufacturers products on your flooring to ensure against any unwanted damage which can at times be un-repairable.
As you can see the daily and weekly maintenance of hardwood flooring is minimal and with some careful thought, you can keep your flooring looking great for years to come. Just remember that as years go by wood will change color and age, this is just the beauty of a natural product and should be something that you should never try and get rid of.
Hardwood flooring gives any home a luxurious feel, whether you have a country cottage or a city apartment, it really does work with traditional and contemporary homes alike.
With a little care and attention, hardwood flooring will easily last the lifetime of the building. Wooden Flooring is normally very high on the priority list of home buyers looking for a quality finish, so by installing them you are increasing your house value and appeal, something that every homeowner wants.